Should be getting my car tomorrow!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Shawn Solar, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Bought a 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE. It's loaded with gray leather, heated seats, climate control and power everything. Really can't compare it to my current 1990 toyota camry. Cause its just so much better[​IMG] Just had to tell somebody:b

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

It's "loaded with gray leather"?

How do you expect to fit inside? [​IMG]

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Great car, I drive a '90 Maxima. [​IMG] At around 175k it's starting to give me tranny problems but as long as I let it warm up it's reliable. The engine however is a workhorse and has never had a problem, even after I modded it to add another 20 or so HP (which is prolly why the tranny is going out). [​IMG] Enjoy that Nissan V6!!

www.maxima.org

4. Shawn Solar

Thanks for pointing out my mistake Joel:b "Loaded" should have a period after it.

Scott,

I have had great luck with imports. I have 330 000km on my toyota.Thats 206 000miles. I hope I get that out of the nissan. even if I can't get in it with all the leather:b

5. Andrej Dolenc

Andrej Dolenc Stunt Coordinator

Sweet ride, enjoy it. My folks have an older Maxima (97), another buddy has one that's a year or two more recent. Big and roomy, and that engine is awsome. Mmm, heated seats. When I bought my car, I took heated seats so I could get the car off the lot instead of waiting for a new one from Germany. Now, gimme the heated seats, those things rock!

Scott - an extra 20hp should not be a huge deal for the tranny. Automatic, manual, they all wear out in time and need servicing. Sounds like you're right at that point.

Andrej

6. Shawn Solar

Going to pick it up now. Just came home for paper work[​IMG]

7. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

A friend of mine owns a Maxima. Very nice. Congrats.

8. Andrej Dolenc

So, how's the ride?!

9. Shawn Solar

This thing is fast[​IMG] And I love the colour. It is a charcoal gray metallic. It looks awesome when the sun hits the paint. climate control, leather and sunroof and now know what it feels to own a car without rust[​IMG]

Price was about $17775 plus tax. 10% down and 5yr financing comes to $400/month. Insurance really kills me at $259/month. Should go down in another 4yrs when I hit 25[​IMG] I also got the 2yr extended warranty. Now if I weren't so busy at work to beable to drive it[​IMG]

10. Andrej Dolenc

Hehe, like I said, that engine is awsome! Glad you're enjoying the new wheels.