What's new

Shot a Deer at Work (1 Viewer)

Matt_R

Stunt Coordinator
Image is no longer there??

The 10D is a great camera... I recently upgraded from 300D after owning the 300D for only a month. Been shooting now for 2-3 months... found myself a new (EXPENSIVE) hobby :)

www.pbase.com/mreilly01

Julie K

Screenwriter
Does and small bucks are interesting, of course, but after a while you just want a more elusive trophy.

Two days ago he was sitting out on a deep green lawn, between two boulders, in just the most photogenic pose. Naturally, you never have a gun or a camera when you really want them.

But I was able to go back yesterday and hunt up my elusive trophy. He (or she) wasn't in the best of spots but I made do.

http://www.pbase.com/image/30020438.jpg

(BTW, it was at 1/20th second - I love IS!)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Nice. I'm getting an IS lens by this fall...probably the 28-135. Someday I'd like to get a fixed telephoto L IS lens. Hey, I can dream.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Nice shot Julie! Do you always have that effect on animals?

I think the second one is more accurate but I really can’t trust my uncalibrated monitor.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Thanks Jay. I think the second one is more realistic too, but I wanted to check the white balance on my eyeballs.

Only the tasty ones ;)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Nice shots Julie! Hmm, any chance you can conjure up some cloudy skies? Colors seem to leap off the screen when you have perfectly even lighting (no harsh shadows!)...the fawn would look even more amazing!

Any chance you can find the deer again just as the sun sets? That should look spectacular, especially if you can catch them in silhouette with the sun in the background.

Color balance looks good in both your shots BTW. :emoji_thumbsup: (of course I'm looking at the pics through my unadjustable laptop LCD monitor that has a bit of a green cast in midtones...so maybe your pics actually have a magenta tone for all I know!) :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Thanks Max. I know where the deer generally are during the day, but they do move around a bit. I don't have them patterned for the evening. (I do want to go home ;) )

I do have another shot of the fawn in the shade. I think the colors show up a bit better.

http://www.pbase.com/image/30020440

(BTW, this was right next door to the main cafeteria....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks