Shortage of HD-Capable Video Inputs:

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by TyB, Feb 27, 2006.

1. TyB

TyB Auditioning

I've got a Sony KP-57WS500 HDTV and have had my progressive scan DVD Player and Hi-Def Television cables hooked up to it. I recently purchased an Xbox 360, but there are only two rows of HD-Capable Video Inputs. Is there a remedy for this, such as an adapter of some sort? Pulling the television out and rearranging the set-up for each situation would be a major hassle (and I wouldn't think it'd be good on the set, either), so any help would be immensely appreciated.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

As long as it is just video, you could get an ordinary (composite) A/V switcher. If you don't have one lying around they start at around $10.

Glenn

3. Jongyoon Lee

Jongyoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

You have three options.

1. Buy a receiver with HD component switch capability.
    2. Get an active switch (Audio Authority 1154A).
    3. Use a passive switch ($10 variety).

4. JoseLH

JoseLH Agent

I had the same problem. You need to get a receiver with HD component switching as anything else will ruin the picture. I had a supposed HD switcher I got at Best buy and watching the Incredibles DVD showed major picture flaw. After getting a new Sony HD capable receiver, it all got cleared up any my Xbox 360 games look even more amazing! Now, I can enjoy progressive scan movies and HD games

5. Michael Young

Michael Young Stunt Coordinator

the Audio Authority 1154A suggested above is basically a cheaper alternative to buying a whole new receiver and keeping the video quality.

you might want to look into that.