What's new

Short SVS equalization tale (1 Viewer)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Animated Gif 75kb
The first frame is unequalized, 2nd and 3rd are the first attempts, 4th is the final. Would anyone here eq the 20hz bump down even more? I think for movies it will probably sound better with the extra kick.
Final eq settings:
20hz -5db
25hz +5db
31.5hz -6db
40hz +2db
50hz -9db
63hz +7db
80hz +3db
100hz +3db

Ned

Supporting Actor
My crummy animated gif you mean? Heh.

Soon after posting this I started tackling EQ of the sub for left and right listening positions. That took several hours and the best I could do was a 50hz hump in the right seat with a virtually identical yet inverted dip at 50hz in the left seat. Very strange response. I'll make another gif of how that turned out in a bit.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Here's the new animated gif showing the eq'd results for my left and right chair, which are about 3' apart.
New Animated Gif (42kb)
The peak and dip at 63hz is virtually the same shape yet opposite amplitude. Virtually impossible to correct with eq :angry:

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Can you move the sub ? In another location, the location of the node of that room mode may move away from the listening area.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Thanks for the ideas Ned, I edited the SPL compensation graph and added a few more calculators today.
If anyone wants to make graphs or download test tones feel free to visit my site.
To save the file as a GIF, you can copy the graph and paste it in another picture editing program and then "save as" GIF. You have to click on the graph like where it says "Frequency Response Graph" and then go under the tab EDIT, then COPY.
Paste it in a program such as "Microsoft Paint", and then "Save As" GIF (graphics interchange format).
I'm still working on the site and that sheet so it's been revised a lot. (organization and content needs some work still)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Brian-

I only have 3 spots available and the other 2 are same or worse response. When the chairs were on the reverse wall and the sub was in the reverse corner the response was +/- 2db from 20-80hz! I'll be moving the whole shebang downstairs in a month and that'll give me many more placement options.

Although my SVS still measures well in the 20-25hz range the kick is missing from the old placement/seating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks