What's new

Short run series on dvd?.... (1 Viewer)

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Some of the shows that i would love to see released on dvd include American Gothic,Brimstone and GvsE,just a few of the many shows that were cancelled before their time.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'd liek to see Young Hercules. Maybe with some featurettes where the cancellation is discussed. I got the impression they were having a hard time keeping it appropriate for the kiddies.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Neither does Jeff. :)

Brisco is owned by Warner Brothers Television. Currently, they have licensed some home video rights To Columbia House, a mail-order record "club". It's not known whether CH has exclusive rights or not; just that Warner Home Video has not elected to issue Brisco on VHS or DVD.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Dave,

Do you have every Flash episode?!?

Hell - I don't care... if those episodes were to make it over my, you'd have yourself a new best friend! :D

Message to Warner: There is demand for these series'. RELEASE THEM ON DVD PLEASE!

Moe.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Believe I have every ep except the one CBS never showed due to a Preemption, the one where tina joins a gang

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Dave,

I remember that episode... Tina gets drugged and joins the all-girl-gang `Wild Roses`, or something to that nature. I think it was preempted because bush threw up or sneezed, or something to that effect.

I`ll e-mail you privately about this subject.

Thanks!!

Moe.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Moe & Dave,

The episode that was preempted was called "Goodnight, Central City". It starred Bill Mumy (of Lost in Space fame). He is a scientist who creates a device that can instantly put people to sleep. Like i said earlier, I have all of the episodes taped in sp mode. The above episode I have from a direct copy of Pet Fly's copy. Hope this helps.
:)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I want Kolchak: The Night Stalker on dvd and would buy it in a heartbeat. And, oh yeah, the show in my sig (although it wasn't short-run)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Tommy, you probably already know this, but the Goodies is coming to R2 DVD soon - best of releases but rumours persist that each episode will feature commentary tracks.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Basiclly, I vote for all my shows on www.tvshowsondvd.com but I am thinking of writing to the companies. Basiclly, there are many short lived series that I would buy on DVD such as Time Trax, Dracula: The Series, Freakazoid!, 2 Stupid Dogs, Sheep in the Big City, Josie and the Pussycats. etc.

Pretty much i vote for the TV shows on www.tvshowsondvd.com but am thinking of starting to write to the companies which owns the rights to the shows.

Petitions are good but petitions are in a grey area since some companies listen to petitions while others don't (one problem is that Internet petitions can be forged)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
At the book signing I went to with Bruce Campbell... someone asked him when Brisco County was coming out on DVD... his exact words...

"Old TV shows age like old fish"
...take that as you may ;)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I would love to see Undeclared on DVD. Dirty rotten $#%$#%@% Fox for cancelling it...

Tommy G

Screenwriter

I did hear rumours about that James but alas no such rumours about it being R1. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ken, I use it all the time...to show off, that is! :b

In 7th grade the spelling book showed "Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" as an example of a long word. The teacher, as a lark, put it on the final exam spelling test as a "bonus word".

In 8th grade, we had the same teacher, and the book used "P45" (to use the article's abbreviation) as the example. Again, she used it as a bonus word...worth 10 points. This time, I was the only one who got it right. As I was perfect with the others, my final exam clocked in at 110% :D

Since I went to the trouble to learn it, I showed off with it, of course. The newspaper, later that year, happened to have an article about long words. It included "P45" as the longest in the English language, and explained that it was a "(coal?) miner's lung disease, caused by the inhalation of quartz (dust)".

I've "enjoyed" the word ever since...approx. 23 years! :wink: It would be ironic if it turned out to be as made-up as "Supercal..." is!! :eek: I guess the real test is this: find a doctor who actually has diagnosed this "disease"!! :laugh:

Okay...back to DVDs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks