What's new

Short read on "History of Subwoofers" & also on the Anatomy of the Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
A short read on the History of the Subwoofer and how it's changing some of it's parts, due to cheap bigger power these days and better construction materials....

Other interesting, but related sub stuff in the read also. Carver and his supposed patents, Earthquake and it's entry to the sub world actually starting woofer design over the water.

Also:
Another short read on the make up, (Anatomy-101) of a Subwoofer. With some pic's and actual company drivers used to show how some are approching different problems in building a driver.

This was wrote last year as best as I can make out.
A good short undestandable read for those just learning about drivers and their internals, or lets say the guts inside and out.

The reads are wrote in basic easy to understand terms:
Spiders, pole piece, magnets, former, front & back plates, cone, surround, baskets, dust caps, cooling types, etc...

You'll find it here and may learn something you didn't know or understand..

It is basic, so those with a very good understanding of how drivers are made/built, along with what has been changing in them (materials, motors, XBL2, etc), may find it, well, a little to basic....

Cheers
Geoff

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jack

Yes, I thouht the same when I ran onto it nd started reading. Allot of neat info that dates back to it's origins of where and when.
Thats the stuff I found most interesting...

Ca Cool, yupper...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks