What's new

Short of REW and a Feedback Destroyer, Is There a less Brain Busting Room/Speaker EQ for my situatio (1 Viewer)

Brian Serene

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Serene
Hi

I just don't feel comfortable trying to climb the learning curve with REW and an EQ like the Feedback Destroyer.

I have a receiver that just pre-dated Audyssey and the other room/speaker EQs.

My receiver has 7.1 channel inputs, but no HDMI. At this point, the lack of HDMI does not seem to be a problem for me.

I was thinking that a relatively inexpensive receiver would give me what I want, and I would use it as pre/pro only as my receiver measured 117 watts per channel with all SEVEN channels driven simultaneously.

I welcome all comments and suggestions.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Remember that the BFD is a sub only EQ while Audyssey, MCACC and others EQ all of the channels. My Pioneer has MCACC but it only sets the level of my sub. I use seven of the 12 available EQ bands on my BFD to flatten the response of my sub.

All you need to setup a BFD is an analog SPL meter from Radio Shack. I posted a short tutorial in the Speakers and Subs section a few weeks ago. I can even provide you with the correct sine wave test tones.

Brian Serene

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Serene
Thanks for reminding me that the BFD is for subs only.

What do you think about using a relatively inexpensive receiver (with 7.1, or 7.2) channel analog outputs. I am looking for full range EQ, not only EQ for my subs. Not that my subs don't need EQ. Just the opposite. Really tough limitations on sub placement in this room.

I am wondering if something with Audyssey MultiEQXT used as a pre/pro might be possible. I guess I would have to find out which receiver with MultiEQ XT and 7.1(2) analog outputs would be least expensive.

Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread