What's new

Short lived shows during 70-75 (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

I've had an idea like that for years. How did you steal it? There are so many short lived shows I would love to see.

Married With Children is on three different cable channels on my system: the WB, Spike, and WTBS for about a total of over four hours a day. Why can't they show "Unhappily Ever After," which was very very similar in tone, yet I missed half the episodes.

Some of these short lived programs were pretty good, just never given a proper chance due to ratings, network executives, and bad timing.

Not that every show was good.

TV Land would be perfect for showing these short lived shows, but instead they keep showing series we've already seen like Family Ties and such. Not that they're bad, but I would love to see a bit more variety.

james

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
In their early days, before hardly anyone could get them, TV Land showed a ton of rarities. But not complete runs, a few of these and a few of those. Once they became bigger and in more homes, the obscure shows were out and the same old same old came in.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

When the Sci-Fi Channel first came on they did something simular, showing Obscure, Short-Lived Science Fiction Series like Fantastic Journey, Gemini Man, The Immortal ect. In the Morning Hours they showed several Children's Animated Sci-Fi Programs. Alas, this was not to last, and like TV Land(fill):laugh: This Channel has also gone down the tubes.:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks