What's new

Short-lived and Cancelled TV series on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'll throw another one in here, "Harry O" starring David Janssen and Farah Fawcett-Majors was added to the cast in the last two episodes of the first season.

2 pilots and 2 seasons of 22 episodes. That may be pushing the short lived series, but this one died before it's time, and I haven't seen the reruns in many, many, many years.

"O'Hara: US Treasury" 21 Episodes, another David Janssen series from 1972.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
And how about "Bob" from 1992. Bob Newhart plays a bookseller if I remember correctly. 25 S1 episodes and only 8 from season 2 should make for a single release.

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
In "Bob" he started out as a comic book artist (they even had a tie-in Marvel comic limited series), and I think they morphed him into working on greeting cards.
How about some Dabney Coleman series'? Drexell's Class, The Slap Maxwell Story, Madman of the People
Oh, and some of the series' mentioned in this thread have already been released. Keep a look out for them.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"Vengeance Unlimited" w/Michael Madsen (Show was great)

"The Strip"

"Cobra"

"Lightning Force"

"Veritas: The Quest" I saw the unaired episodes. The show was getting real interesting.

"Special Unit 2" Man, this show was good. Did well in the ratings. But, at the time when the new head of Paramount came in. He hated the show and cancelled its renewal.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
"Hot L. Baltimore"

"Ellery Queen"

"Duet"

"Courtship of Eddie's Father"

"Makin' It"

"It Takes a Theif"

"Swiss Family Robinson" (the one w/ Martin Milner & Helen Hunt)

"Private Eye"

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Michael Rogers said:
Logan's Run
one can only hope...
wh0cnc.jpg

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Tommy G said:
again. I remember laughing a lot as a kid but I'm not sure it would hold up today as mostly everything was funny when I was a kid. That and the fact that it was canceled only after a few episodes.
There were actually 10 episodes -- enough to make a sweet DVD release. I'd buy it.
wh0k7q.jpg

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't really make a list though I did make one mention so let's see what I can come up with...

My Living Doll

Julia

Captain Nice

Mr. Terrific

The Deputy

Birds of Prey

Spider-Man

I can't remember now if I ever really watched Birds of Prey but I enjoy most super-hero shows so I may as well include it. Any chance Captain Nice and Mr. Terrific could be released together? Probably not.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
Joe, you're absolutely correct. "George & Leo" from 1997 is the series I'm thinking of, only ran one season with 22 episodes. I suppose I'd probably buy both "Bob" and "George & Leo". I don't remember "Bob", but would make that a blind buy since it has both Bob Newhart and Tom Poston.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Roger_S said:
I didn't really make a list though I did make one mention so let's see what I can come up with...
My Living Doll
Julia
Captain Nice
Mr. Terrific
The Deputy
Birds of Prey
Spider-Man
I can't remember now if I ever really watched Birds of Prey but I enjoy most super-hero shows so I may as well include it. Any chance Captain Nice and Mr. Terrific could be released together? Probably not.
Roger.... I am sure you would enjoy Birds of Prey... I know I enjoyed every episode myself. :)
I am not familiar with Captain Nice or Mr. Terrific... those superhero shows as well? Like you I enjoy most superhero shows. :)

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Gee, I thought you meant short lived shows! I want AUSA. I've never seen a show so heavily hyped that disappeared so fast.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
Pete Battista said:
Roger.... I am sure you would enjoy Birds of Prey... I know I enjoyed every episode myself. :)
I am not familiar with Captain Nice or Mr. Terrific... those superhero shows as well? Like you I enjoy most superhero shows. :)
Pete, Captain Nice and Mr. Terrific aired around the time Batman was on...they were both super-hero comedies. Neither lasted for very long, obviously.

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
I really want to see HBO's The Comeback coming to dvd.
I really really LOVE this show. I think it's hilarious.
i admit that at the beginning I couldn't watch it, because I found it depressing, but when you realise what character valerie is, the show is superb.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
julienUK said:
I really want to see HBO's The Comeback coming to dvd.
I really really LOVE this show. I think it's hilarious.
i admit that at the beginning I couldn't watch it, because I found it depressing, but when you realise what character valerie is, the show is superb.
I watched this while it was on... I thought it was pretty good myself. I would consider getting it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks