What's new

Short list of HTPC Parts!!!??! Need Help!! (1 Viewer)

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking at building a HTPC for my dedicated theater. I will only be using this for DVD playback, HDTV, and as a PVR. I am looking to get the best quality playback for DVDs, would a HTPC be the best route? I would like a list of the parts and brands if you where going to build a HTPC from the ground up with the features I have requested. There are so many brands out there, and I would like to get the best and most reliable parts. Any help would be great!!!

Parts needed;
Case
Motherboard/Processor
HDTV Card
Graphics Card
Capture Card??
Remote capabilities???
Hard Drive
OS
Misc.????

Brian E

Screenwriter
For PVR most folks on the AVS Forum seem to like the WinTV PVR-250 (does hardware encoding). You'll probably want a DVD Burner as opposed to a regular ROM. That way you can archive certain shows if you want. Make sure you have a fairly large hard drive to hold the stuff you PVR plus any music if you're going to use it as a music source too.

You can find out lots at the AVS Forum as far as HTPC goes. I'm just researching myself at this point & have found it helpfull.

Good Luck

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Case: www.exoticpc.com | www.ahanix.com | www.digitalconnection.com

HDTV: MyHD MDP-120
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Graphics: Radeon 9600 or 9800 pro or XT

Capture: Hauppauge WinTV pvr-250, 350 if you prefer hardware encoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks