Short Circuit?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dave B Ferris, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

Has the original 'Short Circuit' gone out of print on DVD?

If it is still in print, can anybody provide a lead to an etailer who has the DVD in stock?

2. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Here are some retailers. I'm betting is it out of print as very few seem to still have it, but there are still a few copies floating around.

3. Dave Corder

Dave Corder Stunt Coordinator

Hey...I just checked out DVD Empire's site to see about ordering this and it offers it for preorder, saying that a New Release is coming July 29, 2003. Sadly, it doesn't say any more than that. Can anyone confrim this and, if it is a new release, tell me what features this new release is going to have?

This is one of the few movies that I enjoy but don't yet have in my DVD collection.

Dave C.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I seem to recall reading somewhere that a new SE of Short Circuit is in-the-works. Probably by Image, who released the old version.

I've seen copies of the old version around Circuit City, so you might check yours. Check Borders, too.

I can verify, though, that the old version is definately listed as "discontinued" in Image's database (click on "Advanced Search" and input the title and change status from ACTIVE to -ALL- before you submit). A new version isn't listed there.

Not yet, anyway. [​IMG]

If I find the place where I read about a new version, I'll post the info here. I don't recall if it was on- or off-line, though. It was just a short blurb that had me upset that I might have to upgrade.

5. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

Guys, is the Image release the one that contains a commentary and other stuff? I've ordered this version (supplier is 'waiting for stock', I guess I'll have a long wait if it's OOP) so maybe I should cancel and wait for the new version?

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

It does have a commentary, but is non-anamorphic. Hopefully, the rerelease is for an anamorphic transfer.