shopping for new PC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I don't like Dell or Gateway or any other brand name PCs. I had bought a couple of top notch PCs from Midwest Micro before but they've been sold off to another place. They're tech as well as CS have been great. Now I need another PC and I can't seem to find any other reputable sellers.

I thought of "building" one but my schedule would not permit that anymore. Besides, I would like a one stop shop to "complain" if any part messes up.

Any u guys know of better places to get one?

2. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

this is an online retailer, I was going to go with them, until I ended up building my own...The guy, Dennis, was very helpful even though he didn't see any cash from me at all. I feel guilty.
    www.nextechinc.com
    also check out www.resellerratings.com

3. Ken Bartke

Ken Bartke Auditioning

4. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I'll be using it for the usual stuff like gaming, some DVD viewing (but not a lot since I got an HT) and a little video editing....mostly home movies.

My budget is like $1500-2000 and I would like upgradability to say become an HTPC in the future.

5. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

6. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Eric,
    Kamusta na?
    In your price range, you should visit Digital Connection. Here is their HTPC page. They have turnkey HTPCs that can be delivered to you. But hurry if you want one ASAP. They'll be closed on the 10th and 11th for CES.
    Key features their HTPCs offer is upgradeable software and hardware components (of course), pre-configured for easy installation, Radeon and TheaterTek DVD software decoder combo yields an awesome PQ when used with HD displays. Plus, you can record HDTV if you add a HiPix or AccessHDTV.
    Customer support is top notch, IMO. They have a strong precense at AVS' HTPC forum, among others.
    Good luck

7. Mike Sogge

Mike Sogge Stunt Coordinator

Well it sounds like the logical item would be THIS. The only thing it'd be stuck on is HTPC upgradability, which you mention may only be a future use. But who's to say there wouldn't be HTPC products out for it by then anyway...