What's new

Shopping for a replacement for my Integra 8.4 - need some advice (1 Viewer)

muskokaman70

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I'm a huge fan of this receiver from a sound quality perspective but it was damaged in a fire and needs to be replaced. I'm looking for something of similar calibre (Denon, Rotel, Pioneer Elite, NAD, etc.), ideally over 100WPC, HDMI capable and that sort of thing.

What do you like and why? I use my receiver roughly 70% movies/TV and 30% Music, but I do really appreciate the musicality of a good receiver. Prior to the Integra I had an HK 630 which was also a good unit but I felt the Integra was a nice upgrade.

I haven't been in the market for a new receiver for about 4 years and am not current on the latest models. I'm willing to buy new or used, so don't be afraid to quote models a couple of years old.

I apologize in advance if I'm repeating an often-posted theme, but am new to the forum and didn't have much luck on my first search through.

Thanks
Rob

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
I think you should stick with the Integra line

I don't. The Onkyo line is nearly identical & is cheaper for the approx. equivalent model. The question is whether or not you make use of the extras on the Integra line, like the RS232/network for control systems, sometimes extra zones. If not, the Onkyos are just as good. 607/706 IMO are good units to look at.

AudioENG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
I suppose it depends on how high end you want to go versus getting a good deal. I think most audio people would agree that Integra is step up from Onkyo. See what others think.

http://forums.soundandvisionmag.com/archive/index.php/t-31874.html

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50510

Maybe do some searching for comments from people that have these receivers. I have a Yamaha that has been excellent, it's been perfect for what I've needed it for, I couldn't be happier. I know that this receiver compares very well to other receivers in it's price range but I also know that it doesn't stack up to the next step in high end audio that other receivers out there can offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks