What's new

Shop Vac? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
You use it to vacuum your shop. :D

They are more rugged than traditional vacuum cleaners. With wet/dry shop vacs you can say, drain a flooded basement or suck up sawdust, or suck leaves and twigs on your deck. You can also reverse them to blow up a raft or maybe a Thanksgiving Day parade balloon. :)

Lots and lots of uses...most reside in the shop/garage.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Does your neighbor have an annoying cat that keeps sitting in front of your door? Then have I got the solution for you!

Shop vac's are awesome. I usually call them wet/dry vac's since I don't have a shop though. Like Jason said, they're great for cleaning flooded basements. And if anything can fit through the hose, it will get sucked up... it's just a matter of persistance. It makes cleaning the basement fun, or at least as fun as cleaning a basement can be.

There is a whole thread on this forum here by Vince about the different uses for a shop vac. I only know about it because I stumbled upon it while doing research on getting a new one for my home. Maybe it's time to revive it though, it is the right season.

E

Eric Kahn

I wish I had seen that tread back then, we have some English made "shop vacs" at work that are both HEPA rated and very quiet, the major drawback with them is I think they run about $500 to buy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks