What's new

Shoehorning "R" into"PG13" (1 Viewer)

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
Christina said:
American Pie.....could easily get an R rating in uncut form...this movies so tame in my opinion.
I would suggest that if you think the uncut American Pie is "so tame", you have probably been more affected by constant exposure to sex and nudity than you realize.

Tomm_K

Auditioning
Well since the subject of being desensitised was brought up with the last post.
I happen to agree with Christina's comment of AP being to tame,at least by NC-17 standards whcih it didn't deserve.
I find it funny that people think AP is very gross & outragous...while it may have a few scenes....it is a much more mature & serious(plays more like a drama than comedy) film than people give it credit for.
Only people who live in the dark ages & pc crazy will find the film offensive & gross......& completly miss the message behind it all.......that sex isn't everything & isn't much,unless you actually love the person.
My Dad took me to see the film in theaters(i was 19) since he liked the movie + actually got the message & was suprised himself as everyone kept making it sound like a very raunchy sex comedy.
For an even better comparison + to show i'm not desenitezed,just open minded.......Porky's is still a shockingly raunchy film & much funnier than AP + really frank in it's language that i'm sure if released today the current R rated film would get an NC-17,because people are becoming to conservative,boring & don't know how to have fun + keep looking at sex as bad.
But most of all.......both films are meant to be fun & entertaining,not deep social comments ect & they deliver just that...though AP does so in a more mature,slightly less fun way....but is still a pretty good film.
I have'nt seen the sequel yet...since i didn't have time to catch it in theaters & just bought the unrated dvd(WS version of course) today & hopefully it'll be as good if not better film than the first.
I don't have a problem with sex/nudity in films because i'm open minded & don't look at it as bad......i find it funny & offensive that most people worry so much about sex on screen,than violence which is acceptable for some odd reason. I'm not for censorship & don't mind violence in film,but still get shocked by some things shown ect...yet more people are more upset about love,than human suffering?
As with my veiws on a sex & seeing 'to" much to care.....I'm the same way with movie violence as well.....while i've seen plenty of violent films, i have'nt become de-sensitzed & such films as.......
The New York Ripper
Nightmare
Natural Born Killers
Jason Goes To Hell
True Romance
I Spit on Your Grave
Taxi Driver
Maniac
The Evil Dead
& so forth are still extrmely shocking & have scenes hard for me to watch without getting alittle upset & having to shut my eyes ect.
note---the above films should all be seen in Unrated form(except Taxi Driver)..to get the full impact & reaction from me....the censored versions are/or would be rather tame...and the first two films mentioned are'nt good at all,though still shockingly unpleasent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks