Shock absorbing feet fo a CD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Todorov, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Does anyone have any idea where I can get shock absorber feet for a CD player?

I have (probably 10 years old) Denon DCD-2560, which was a high end CD player in its day and is still quite wonderful.

I would like to get shock absorbing feet for it -- mainly to raise it up higher, since it is now stacked on top of my receiver.

These shock absorbing thingies definitely existed at the time I bought the CD player -- they were offering me some when I bought it, but I never got them because there was no space in my rack. Now, all these years later, I chucked the rack, and want the gizmos, which IIRC just attach to the bottom of the CD player's (rather large) feet.

Thank you for you help!

Ted

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Ted, a lot of people out there use Vibrapods (www.vibrapod.com). For these and other options, go to www.audioadvisor.com . Also, you may want to post this question on either the Digital Drive or tweaker's board on www.audioasylum.com . You should do a search on these boards as well. Best of luck in your search.

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Ted,
    There used to be Navcom Silencers as well for this thing. Back in the early 90s I used them on my Adcom GCD and it really hepled the imaging by stabilizing the transport.
    It depends on the specific situation however. Some people think that the metal point-based Tip Toes and other "hard" isolation devices are sometimes better.
    [​IMG] Happy Tweaking!

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i bought 3 michell tenderfeet and 3 tendercups for my ead theatermaster encore. i don't have much issue with vibration, i just needed to raise it up due to the rack mount faceplate i bought for it. you can purchase them from audioadvisor in silver or black but if you decide to purchase them in silver, i suggest going here. even purchasing them from the uk, i save about $15 over buying them from audioadvisor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kevin t

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Bright Star Audio, www.brightstaraudio.com, also makes Isonode feet. Below are the details per their site:
    "IsoNode isolation feet - (NEW) The new IsoNode isolation feet provide the most cost-effective upgrade in the industry! The unique IsoNode polymer rejects a wide range of vibration trying to enter from underneath the component. The highly compliant IsoNode acts as both a liquid and a solid for superior vibration control. Adhesive backing included. See the great write-up in Jonathan Scull's "Fine Tunes" column in Stereophile!
    The large size are 1.25 " X 3/4" tall, hold 42 lbs and $19.95 for a set of four.
    FREE SHIPPING to U.S. and Canada. To order click here.
    The small size are 3/4" x 3/8" tall , hold 30 lbs and a set of four is only $12.50!!
    FREE SHIPPING to U.S. and Canada. To order click here."

6. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

You can go to any home improvement store and find these solid rubber "half sphere" door bumpers that cost less than $4.00 for 2. Just buy 2 packs of these. They are also available at chain stores like Target and Walmart.
    Or stick with Vibrapods.
    Go to audiotweaks for interesting reviews of various "footers".

7. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

I ended up ordering the large IsoNode feet. I'll report when they arrive.

Ted

8. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I used those spongy door handle stoppers that you get at the local hardware store for $2

Kevin

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I broke down and ordered Vibrapods from Audio Advisor when they had ree shipping about 2 weeks ago....

10. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

I read that you can mix 3 parts silicone and 1 part sand in a zip lock baggie and squeeze the mixture into a mini-muffin tray for quick and cheap footers. I'm going to try it when I'm on vacation. I'm going to use black colored sand to match all the components.

11. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

if you're going to do that i'd suggest spraying the pans with a release agent first. cute idea though!