What's new

Shoah on 8/19 (?) (1 Viewer)

TimJS

Second Unit
Catching up on DVD news from the last couple of weeks and haven't seen anything about this elsewhere, but

DVD Planet

is showing that New Yorker Video is releasing Shoah on 8/19, SRP $149.99.

Hope this is accurate and time to start saving those pennies!

Tim

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... how many discs will it be?

Note: Never watch this at Christmas or give as wedding present. :D

Draining, disturbing and essential viewing. But there are more concise and piercing documents of the Holocaust. Not recommended as a blind purchase, by any means. But it really is an amazing piece of work.

Gordy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Good review, Gil. :emoji_thumbsup:

The question is: How do I get the money to buy this and when would I get time to watch it, which would have to coincide with a time that I am truly in the right mood to sit down and watch it and inevetably feel profoundly saddened and angered by it? That's the trouble with documentaries like Shoah - they are great, but effect you in such a dark way that it's hard to bring yourself to watch them, especially repeatedly and with Shaoh being a fully waking-day in length, it makes it even harder.

Shaoh is a great example of a film you shouldn't have to pay to see, it should just be available to you: at school; at the local library; on TV. But everyone should see it once.

Digital Eyes appear to have the lowest price at just under $50: http://www.digitaleyes.net/Details.cfm?info=NYV051003

Gordy

Gordy

-MikeRM

Auditioning
Howdy

I picked up my copy at DeepDiscountDVD.com for about $75, the same price offered by Digitaleyes.net. DeepDiscount charges no shipping, if you don't mind waiting 5-10 days for delivery.

One extra I wish they'd included: a follow-up piece on the folks featured in the film. I kept saying, "I wonder what happened to them in the 30 years after the film was shot." There's precious little info about them online, and hardly anything about them that isn't covered in Lanzmann's film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks