What's new

'Shizzle My Nizzle' (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I think the discussion here is as much about context as it is about slang. Let's say someone creates a phrase such as "shizzle my nizzle" to be a proxy for "s--- my d---," knowing that the "words" themselves are meaningless but would get the same message across without being censored. Should the phrase be censored (or given a parental warning) even though it may be gibberish?

My favorite example of context being censored goes back to the TV show Cheers. Supposedly (though it could be an urban legend), one of Sam's lines to Rebecca was written as, "I'd like to thank your brains out." That line never made it to TV, even though no profanity is used. It's all context.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Penn Jillette had a great article in Compute! magazine circa 1985 where he was going to start replacing curse words with the replacements his spell checker gave him.

Shit became "Shi'ite" for example =)

Sam

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
I have only heard the term "bling-bling" used in rap songs to date. Thats not to say urban types and other sorts of surburban white teens who buy most of the rap albums, don't use it on a daily basis. I just know from a personal standpoint that I have never used it in conversation nor have had any friends use the term. I guess I don't travel in hip circles anymore.
The ESPN commercial for the college World Series has the says, "More Ping - Less Bling."

Brian,

Were you just being hypothetical with that particular meaning for Shizzle My Nizzle?

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Were you just being hypothetical with that particular meaning for Shizzle My Nizzle?
Yes. As I had never heard the phrase before, I consulted the urban dictionary where it gave one of the meanings as "please degrease my penis" -- but after further research, I concluded that it means something like "for sure, my brother." (Is that right?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks