What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
David Cronenberg has emerged as one of the most provocative filmmakers in modern cinema as well as the master of the body horror subgenre. After making two feature length movies underground (Stereo & Crimes of the Future), he made his mainstream moviemaking debut in his native Canada with Shivers (AKA They Came From Within in the United States), giving the first hints of what was to come from the director. Originally released on DVD by Image here in America and on Blu-ray by Arrow Video overseas, Lionsgate – via their Vestron Video Collector’s Series line – has given the movie it’s Blu-ray debut here in the States.

Shivers (1975)

Released: 06 Jul 1976
Rated: R
Runtime: 87 min

Director: David Cronenberg
Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi

Cast: Paul Hampton, Joe Silver, Lynn Lowry, Allan Kolman
Writer(s): David Cronenberg...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

MDS

Agent
Real Name
Michael Shayne
It was filmed in and around my native Montreal (primarily on Nun's Island). When the film was originally released in English in Montreal (and probably other cities) it was called "the Parasite Murders". I was also friends with the late Kirsten Bishop(ric). She told me once that the scene where she passes the parasite via an open-mouth kiss was clipped in some places as she was a minor at the time.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I have vivid memories of seeing the poster which inspired the Vestron Video cover at my local movie theatre when I was 4 or 5 years old. It's the kind of graphic image that stays with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks