What's new

Shiva rebuild idea... (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Since my Link Removed isn't going to quite fit into the corner I intended it to, I was looking into rebuilding it into a slimmer/taller design. Also, I could use a place to put my DVD's in my new HT, so, why not combine the two!
Here's my idea:

Basically, it would be a downfiring sub with the amp mounted on the rear and about 7" of the front would be dedicated to shelving for DVDs. I have a Shiva Mark I and was planning on a sealed 88.5 liter box with a Fb of 34.5 Hz.
Construction would be 3/4" MDF, braced with 1.5" dowels and covered with 1/4" plywood which then would be painted a satin black to match my little Link Removed.
Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm a still a little limited in woodworking skills, but a great deal more confident after building my HT. :)
Oh... here's another question.. how tall are DVD shelves? What I mean is: How much height between shelves is ideal for DVD storage?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I've considered that, Dustin. The current enclosure I have now is made of 3/4" MDF and doesn't have a lot of vibration coming through the enclosure directly. Anything that vibrates around it is from the bass output itself. So I don't think it will be a problem. ;)
Maybe I should pose this question: Does anyone have a problem with rattling DVD racks near or on top of their subs? If so, was it the actual DVDs that were rattling?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks