What's new

Shiva EBS sub in corner next to wall unit? (1 Viewer)

ClarkZ

Agent
I am planning on making the 142.5 liter Shiva sub from the Adire website. Is it possible to place the sub so that it is sandwiched between the side wall, front wall, and a wall unit. This would only leave the front of the unit fully opened. I am very limited on placement options so I am hoping this will work.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
You can place it where ever you want. Whether or not you'll get good performance with that placement is a guess. You could simulate the installation with a software program like CARA or RPG AcousticsLink Removed

ClarkZ

Agent
Thanks for the response. I know this shows how little I know, but what worries me if enough sound will get out if only one side of the sub is exposed.

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you will have a problem if you are worried about SPL loss from the placement you described. However, you could have some boominess as you are almost placing the sub inside another box. Have you thought about building the sub with the driver facing forward like in the Rava? This could help a little if you can pull it out enough for the face to be in front of the wall unit. I would guess it to be better than a downfiring version in your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks