Shiva cutout diameter... 11 or 11+?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Meininger, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Jeff Meininger

Jeff Meininger Second Unit

I don't have my driver yet, but I'm routing the hole today. I know, I know, not the best idea... but I can't be stopped. I'm a routin' fool!
    I have read that the cutout for the shiva is 11 inches. This is the most prevalent information in the adire docs. I swear I remember reading on some adire page or pdf, though, that the cutout was to be 11.1 inches. Other 3rd party sonosub pages seem to confirm this (http://www.quux.net/roo/diy/sonosub/diary2.html for example).
    What's the real deal with the shiva cutout? I'll be using a MkIII shiva.
    Thanks!!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I will not offer a numerical value because I feel strongly that you should have the driver in hand before you route on spec and discover that the hole is either too big or too small for the driver. "MEASURE twice, cut once."

3. ChrisAK

ChrisAK Extra

I did the same as Mr. Gilvey. Worked for me as well. It is hard to measure the driver dimensions with only a ruler. I thought it best to just follow the spec sheet.

4. Jeff Meininger

Jeff Meininger Second Unit

Thanks. [​IMG] I went with 11 inches. When I get the driver, I'll always be able to carefully dremel out some extra material if it doesn't fit, but it sounds like I'll have no problem at all.