What's new

Shiva connectors? (1 Viewer)

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search on connecting a Shiva driver but did not find the answer to this question. What are the actual connecting terminals used on the Shiva? It's too hard to tell on Adires' web site. The PE plate amp that I will be using has a slip on connector (if that makes any sense.) Does the Shiva have binding posts or do I solder the bare wire? My Shiva is on backorder so I can't answer these questions myself. Thanks in advance.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The slip-on female connectors on the amp will mate with the male "tab" connectors on the Shiva's voice coil.
Here's a picture of the Shiva
But, if you want to run the Shiva in dual-voice-coil mode, you'll have to run a couple of jumpers from one of the 2 tabs (each terminal has 2 tabs just for this purpose) of each terminal (the positive of one voice coil needs to be connected to the positive of the other voice coil, do the same for the negative terminals of the voice coils).
You'll need some wire and some crimp-on female tab connectors (found in Home Depot or Radio Shack) - I invested in a connector crimper and never regretted the purchase since I get a lot of use out of it from many of my projects - YMMV).
You can get by with 14-16 gauge wire, but some people like using 12 gauge wire (just make sure the crimp-on connectors will accept the gauge of wire you use).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks