What's new

Shirley Temple: Little Darling Collection (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
classicmovieguy said:
I would have thought anything with Shirley Temple would be an automatic seller on DVD... your guess is as good as mine.
The sans Shirley Temple featured SHIRLEY TEMPLE STORYBOOK episodes, and POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL in its original Glorious Black & White remain unreleased, while her "Baby Burlesk" one reelers are all available on seemingly endless Public Domain Video issues--Just one of life's many imponderables!

CHEERS!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Turner Classic Movies has aired Shirley Temple's POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL on occasion. This seems to be the best way (For Canada and U.S. Viewers, at least!) to see this in its original Black & White these days!

CHEERS!

Tony

smiley12

Auditioning
Real Name
Jennifer
Fox has another besides Poor little Rich Girl that was released on VHS but not in their DVD collection They also forgot Our little Girl. I did not see anyone mention it. That is one were she had her September Saturday and another Saturday. Why did Fox leave them out?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
"Our Little Girl" was also released on DVD in the UK & Australia (the same colorized transfer from the old VHS)... a lovely little film.

smiley12

Auditioning
Real Name
Jennifer
Why does Fox not release Our Little Girl and Poor Little Rich Girl in the US ? They should be part of the fox set as they were the VHS fox set. What is up with that?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
smiley12 said:
Fox has another besides Poor little Rich Girl that was released on VHS but not in their DVD collection They also forgot Our little Girl. I did not see anyone mention it. That is one were she had her September Saturday and another Saturday. Why did Fox leave them out?
Hi smiley12!

I did mention OUR LITTLE GIRL in a previous post as only being available on a Region 2 DVD. The worst thing about this and POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL, is the lack of availability in their original Black & White!

Absolutely no clue as to why 20th Century Fox Entertainment chose not to release the above Titles in Region 1. I can only guess that perhaps the VHS Sales for these were weak in comparison to Shirley's other Films. This is just pure speculation on my part!

CHEERS!

Tony

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Was looking into buying the Shirley Temple: Little Darling Collection on DVD but I read a lot of reviews about disc not playing. Has anyone here experienced this with this boxset? just want to make sure it's worth buying.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Was looking into buying the Shirley Temple: Little Darling Collection on DVD but I read a lot of reviews about disc not playing. Has anyone here experienced this with this boxset? just want to make sure it's worth buying.
For what it's worth, the discs from that Little Darling Collection have always played fine for us, although it has been a rather long time since they were last played! The DVDs do tend to slip out of their cardboard casing quite a lot though, so you might want to consider alternative casing for disc storage.

There are some very reasonable price listings, currently:

CHEERS! :)

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
For what it's worth, the discs from that Little Darling Collection have always played fine for us, although it has been a rather long time since they were last played! The DVDs do tend to slip out of their cardboard casing quite a lot though, so you might want to consider alternative casing for disc storage.

CHEERS! :)
alright, thanks for the info! :)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for bringing this thread back. I've been meaning to get this collection, but forgot about it until now. Just purchased it off of eBay. 18 films in one collection is a sweet deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks