What's new

Shirley Booth in HAZEL on August 1?!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I don't think any objective person can deny that Sony is "color crazy" at this point. I'd love to hear from Gord or David on this issue, because it sure as heck looks to me like Sony is just plain scared of releasing any tv show that's not in color!!!

Gary "the more I think about it, the more sickening Sony's attitude about b&w tv becomes" O.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Highway Patrol hasn't been shown anywhere for years, has it? Because I've never seen it rerun.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
This is good news and I hope it bodes well for the release of others such as Donna Reed and Father Knows Best. I'm to the point where I would be happy with "best ofs" for those shows (similar to the Mr.Ed releases), just to have some episodes.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
It seems to me that "Dennis the Menace" might be considered, seeing as how it's still in existence as a daily comic strip. (Unlike "Hazel," which also was based on a comic character, from the Saturday Evening Post.)

As far as original success, long life in syndication and Emmy Awards go, Screen Gems' biggest hit was "Father Knows Best." It's often compared to "Leave It to Beaver" in its supposedly overly optimistic view of family life in the 1950s -- but if "Beaver" can get apparently successful black and white season sets, there's no reason why "Father Knows Best" can't. But we're dealing with Sony here ........

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Well, they have released 3 B&W ones in the last year: Bewitched S1 & S2 and I Dream of Jeannie S1 and now Hazel S1 is announced for August 1st. They could have just put out those in color versions only if they'd wanted to. They are clearly far LESS afraid of B&W now than they were a couple of years ago. While they started off releasing mostly 70's shows, they are picking up speed on the early 60's shows now. I'm confident that Donna Reed and Father won't be too far behind.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Actually you just added weight to my point! Those shows were only in black & white for one or two seasons, then went to color. On top of that, Sony still felt the need to release the black & white seasons in those colorized abominations.

Gary "tell me again that Sony isn't scared of releasing b&w series" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks