Shipping woes....

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DonnyD, Aug 19, 2003.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

For years, I've been buying online and receiving goods through various shipping companys from computers to HT equipment from all over the US. Until this past couple of months, I've had NO damage from anyone.....UPS, FE, Airborne or USPS.

Well, my last two "expensive" items have changed all that. Last month, I bought and sold an Aragon Amp and on the way to the person I sold it to, it was apparently left on a dock in the rain, then hung up on a conveyor which torn the bottom off the box and apparently dropped from a distance. Those amps are tanks but that warped the crap out of it. FE paid in full with no problem but it took a fine piece of equipment out of the market.

Then today.... another heartbreaker... I ordered some Energy Veritas 2.2 and matching stands from a dealer which came today. This was UPS. The outer box of the speakers was crunched on a corner so that did not look too good from the start. The inner box showed damaged also but the speakers was really a mess. The woofer had actually came apart with the rear mounting rod broken away and the magnet bouncing around in the cabinet. Heartbreaking.

Tomorrow they will be coming out to inspect and return ship back to the dealer for repairs. I had stayed home all day just to meet this shipment but my excitement was shortlived.

I am sure this happens a lot in shipping companys. It just seems that when they have to pay out hundreds of dollars just because some dumb shit can't handle a box, some procedures could be implemented to help secure undamaged shipments.

Oh well, perhaps this time two weeks from now, I will have me a solid pair of Veritas to listen to. The lone one stands there alone and awaiting.

2. Tim Morton

Tim Morton Stunt Coordinator

I'm seeing it more and more at work, boxes that once used to come in in near perfect condition, seem to be showing up in much rougher shape. Could it be extra handling after 9/11? I always try to find a way to have things shipped 1 or 2 days air....gives the monleys less time to toss my stuff around.

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Ups called yesterday to advise on pickup of my damage Veritas and then when they showed up today, I found that they are shipping it to Little Rock, Ark for inspection before forwarding it to Georgia for repair. This just blew my top. Now I'll have to wait for however long for the other speakers and it is gonna be somewhat less valuable because of all this mess. What a shame.