Shipping to apartments??

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Nathan Bjork, May 24, 2004.

1. Nathan Bjork

Nathan Bjork Stunt Coordinator

My mom just shipped my PS2 to a guy who bought it from me out in Americus, GA. But when she sent it she ignored the 3rd line which had UNIT B printed on it.

this is what I originally had written on the pakage:

Joe Blow
    333 N. Main st
    Unit B
    Americus, GA 59390

and this is what I got on the receit from the Mailing place

Joe Blow
    333 N. Main st
    Americus, GA 59390

So she forgot the WHOLE unit B part, now my qustion is, where is it going to end up? it was shipped FED-EX ground for $17 [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I used to be a courier for Fedex and it's impossible to say for sure. If this is an apartment complex with a leasing agent on duty there's a good chance the courier will get the full address from there. If there's no leasing agent on duty (or if the driver doesn't have time to go snooping for an address) the courier will probably take the package back to the plant where a customer service agent will try to complete the address by looking in the phonebook. Worst case they can't figure where to make the delivery they'd return the package to you.
    You can try calling 1-800-go-fedex and explain the problem to a csa. It just might be possible for them to leave a note with the unit number on it for the driver.

3. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I would definitely call Fed Ex and let them know.

See if they'll hold it at the local facility so you can go pick it up. They may require a first delivery attempt but I'm not sure (it might be UPS that requires this). After that though, picking it up is usually no problem.

In any case, you want to let them know what happened so you can make arrangements for pickup, otherwise they could just return to sender if they can't figure it out.

4. Nathan Bjork

Ok thanks Carl and Leila, I will call them tommorow around 3pm. Last time I called fed-ex they had this automated phone thing and it was confusing me, so what part of fed-ex do i need to contact to tell them my problem?

5. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

You're welcome. You want to talk to customer service so just follow the voice prompts to do so. Usually if you just stay on the line you'll eventually talk to someone. I know it's confusing but I'd just follow any route you can to talk to an actual person.

6. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

You should try to talk with both FedEx and your local appartment office about having the office hold your packages. When I lived in an appartment, I had many packages stolen from infront of my door. Fortunately the shipper replaced the items (Props to DVD Empire), and then I started getting stuff shipped to the office, and just picked it up later.

7. Nathan Bjork

Well I have one problem, the tracking # or what seems to be the tracking # is not right! when I put the # in it says it cannot be found. I think my post office made a mistake.... BTW how many #'s should a tracking # be?
    thanks