What's new

Shipping Speakers X-Country (1 Viewer)

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking into the possibility of relocating to the other coast and I don't think I could bear to leave my speaks behind. Problem is they are floor standers and I no longer have the boxes.

Anybody have experience (positive or negative) shipping speakers and other equipment like amps?

Cost?

Recommended carriers?

Insurance?

Whatever you've got, I'm interested.

Christian

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Boxes get marked up big time retail, so if you have to use post-office or U-Haul types you'll pay dearly.

If you have a buddy that works at a warehouse, that's the ticket. I shipped a pair of Infinity's across the country and they arrived in A1 condition. Just be anal about packing them. Insurance can only be collected if you show proof that they were properly boxed.

- CM

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip Colin. I don't know anyone that works in a warehouse so I may have to eat the cost of a box.
Anybody else have some input or am I the only one foolish enough to traverse the country with 9 tons of AV gear?
;)
Christian

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
What about contacting the Manufacturer. They may be willing to give you or sell you boxes. Empty boxes are pretty cheap to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks