Shipping issues :( :( :(

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by TonyWright, Feb 12, 2004.

1. TonyWright

TonyWright Second Unit

I have a pending order for some Swan speakers from TheAudioInsider.com. It seems as though the order is taking an awfully long time to ship. The part that really has me bothered is that they charged my credit card the day I ordered the speakers and more than a week later they have still not shipped. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I just being far too impatient?

It's just that I am used to placing an order and receiving shipping notification the next day or something like that. I have contacted the folks that run TheAudioInsider.com and they seem like great people, but I am not enjoying what seems like an extraordinarily long wait.

I was quite excited to place my order as this is my first home theater, but I must say that I have had second thoughts. I have even thought that maybe it would have been better to order the Axiom speakers that I was also looking at.

Am I just being far too impatient here or is my concern warranted?

What do you all think?

Going crazy waiting,

Tony Wright [​IMG]

2. Nick Breckon

Nick Breckon Stunt Coordinator

You said you contacted them - what did they say? Are they waiting on product?

The best company I've ever personally dealt with, SVS, took 3-4 weeks to get my sub to me. Delays happen, you just gotta deal with it somehow. The credit card charge is something to worry about though. If they haven't told you explicitly why there has been a delay, I might think about giving them an ultimatum and then, if they don't give you an answer you like, cancel the transaction.

3. TonyWright

TonyWright Second Unit

They informed me that they are having trouble getting their product from a warehouse in LA to a new warehouse in Reno. I guess they moved operations to Reno. My real problem is with them charging my credit card. I would be much more inclined to wait if I knew I hadn't actually spent any money until they had shipped the product. It's really quite strange that they charged me like that...

4. TonyWright

TonyWright Second Unit

Sheesh Now I feel like a complete whiner. I just checked my email and I have received a notification of shipment.

Sorry for my pouting beforehand all. [​IMG]

5. RayM

RayM Agent

It seems inappropriate that they already charged your credit card without shipping your item. Most companies I've dealt with don't charge unless the product has left their hands. All you can do really is just keep calling them until your speakers ship.

6. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I had warehouse-related shipping delay of about 3 days on my C3 and 2.1s. I kept in contact with them and they kept me updated the whole way through. Billing my card didn't bother me a whole lot, but i'm sure if you called and asked they would remove the charge until it's shipped. I did have to request tracking numbers though, they don't provide them automaticly if you order through the website.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

7. TonyWright

TonyWright Second Unit

Thanks Stephen

I have requested tracking numbers but have yet to receive them. I'll send another request.

Thanks again!

8. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Stunt Coordinator

Speaker as someone who has ordered Axiom M22's all the way to South Africa, I've gotten much better service than what you describe from Amie@axiom.

9. John S

John S Producer

Delete please... errant post...