What's new

Shipping heavy speakers (1 Viewer)

Michael John

Agent
I am planning to sell my speakers. Before I put them on the market, I want make sure I can ship them anywhere in the continental US.

The speakers weigh 140lbs and the dimension boxed are H70" x L20" x W25".

I was told not to use UPS. My speakers would most likely get damage during shipping with UPS. I don't know much about Fed Ex or DHL.

What would be the best (and safest) way to ship the speakers? Is there an independent shipping company that can ship heavy items without damaging them?

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Do not use UPS, I shipped my Paradigms that way, the Studio 100's, and lets just say that the pictures made me want to cry. I would freight them if you want the best way, but probably the most expensive too.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
UPS shipped all my speakers except for the sub. I fortunately had no problems. However, you might want to check on their weight restrictions. If UPS won't handle them or you decide to not to trust them, I have a couple of alternatives. If you have an LTL freight company near you (LTL stands for less-than-load), you could get your buyer to check to see if they have the same LTL company close to them. Some examples of LTL are Yellow Freight and Overnite Freight. Deliver to the docks of the terminal closest to you and the other guy picks up at the company's terminal closest to him. Another option is to use one of the moving freight lines such as Atlas or Mayflower. If you live relatively close to a major airport, there are a number of company's that will ship from their location by air and then deliver by truck to your buyer's home. Crutchfield shipped my 100+ lbs. sub through Eagle Freight. I don't know the costs involved with any of these ideas, so you'll have to check that out and disclose it when you're selling the speakers so people won't have a heart attack when they find out. Gotta say though, that UPS is the simplest and has always done just fine by me. Hope something in here helps.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
might try greyhound bus, I've found for large, bulky things they are MUCH cheaper than UPS/fedex ground.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

from denver to LA those speakers would cost 93, but they only allow up to 100 pounds :frowning:

might try splitting them into 2 and shipping 2 70 pound packages?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks