Shipping DVD Collection

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JohnOPR, Apr 21, 2005.

1. JohnOPR

JohnOPR Stunt Coordinator

I'm an American who's lived in Germany for several years and who's amassed a large collection (500 plus) of Region 1 DVD's. In a few months, I'll be returning to live in the states but am reluctant to ship my valuable discs using a regular moving company. I suppose I'm concerned about theft or damage during handling or shipment. Has anyone out there ever coped with this situation and found a good, workable way to make it happen, so that everything arrives intact? All comments appreciated.

2. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

My suggestion is to use a name brand shipper (FED-EX etc..) and insure it for the full amount. That seems to be the safest way to do it.

-Ian

3. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

I agree, use FedEx or hire a private jet [​IMG]

4. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

I've shipped my collection a couple of times across states(1000+ dvds). I used Fed Ex Ground. The best tip I can offer is place a folded up paper towel inside each case against the dvds locking hub. This will hep pervent them from popping loose during shipping. Good Luck[​IMG]

5. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    My only experience was a 50+ import DVD order and the package was very damaged and I think customs opened up the box and fooled with it.