Shinsonic DVD-100A -- help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Goodwin, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

I bought an open box Shinsonic (The name just *reeks* of quality, doesn't it) DVD player as a Christmas gift for my sister's family for $20 at Best Buy. It came with a remote, but no manual, cables, or power cord. For $20, it was too good to pass up. I figure I've at least got a cheap MP3 CD player.

The good news is, it works fine -- all the outputs seem to be functioning. I've temporarily hooked it up with the power cord from my Pioneer DVD player, in order to test it out.

The bad news is, the parental code has me locked out of anything PG or above. I don't know if this is a factory default code/setting, or if whoever returned it has programmed their own code. Can someone with a manual help me out? If it doesn't specify in the manual, is there at least a website or phone number for Shinsonic that I can call? There's got to be a backdoor to reset the machine somehow.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

Never mind -- I just found their website, and there's a link in the Tech Support section that explains the parental lock code (99999) and the tricky way of turning it off.

Now, if I could only get a 5.1 signal out of it. I'm getting a Pro Logic digital signal through the coaxial output...