What's new

International SHINING THROUGH (Wie Ein Licht) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
SHINNING THROUGH a WWII spy thriller starring Michael Douglas, Melaine Griffin and Liam Nelson is now available from Amazon.de (Germany). When I receive the BluRay copy I ordered I will report on audio tracks, subtitles and Region-Code.

Shinning.jpg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I believe the actual title is SHINING THROUGH (unless you are speaking about an episode of the Simpsons).

MV5BYWNkYTc1ZDAtM2E3OS00ZDI3LWIwOTYtM2U5NDkzNGQxOTM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUyOTEzNjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

DeanHarris

Agent
Real Name
Dean Harris
A favorite guilty pleasure of mine. I expect I'll pick this one up if the reviews are good.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
SHINING THROUGH staring Michael Douglas, Melanie Griffith and Liam Nelson has been released on a REGION-FREE BluRay available from Amazon.de (Germany). The audio is in German and English with German and English subtitles. The video quality is excellent with vivid colors and excellent depth. The BluRay comes with a running time of 132 minutes.

Shining.jpg

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I was disappointed in this when it was released because I had already read the Susan Isaacs book. The book quickly became one of my all time favorite "reads" with a very funny, sharp heroine (and narrator) whose running commentary on what is happening to her is both poignant and wickedly funny. Due to time constraints, the movie concentrates on only the second half of the book and the Michael Douglas character is actually a compression of two men. The 'spy thriller' from that part of the novel is the character's attempt at redemption because she has nothing left to lose. The "Shining Through" title doesn't make much sense without all that leads up to the events portrayed in the movie.

Realizing that movies aren't books, however, it's fine for what it is (my personal animus toward Melanie Griffiths' acting notwithstanding) and it is a very handsome production, indeed. I'm glad the German blu looks as good as it does and I'll likely pick it up.

You should really read the book, though, if you get the chance! ;)

DeanHarris

Agent
Real Name
Dean Harris
A review elsewhere has pointed out that, with this being a German disc, the German dialogue is not subtitled in English, which makes perfect sense. I'll hold off for just a bit, in the hopes that US or UK will get a release. The HD master exists, after all...

And I second the recommendation of the novel. It's an extremely entertaining read.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks