What's new

Shindler's List...Gift Set, or Standard Widescreen DVD? (1 Viewer)

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Still torn between the two at this stage...but the Gift Set looks attractive...and dang that ET Box looks great, and I don't regret laying down the extra $ for it...

BTW, I wanted this to be a poll, but don't know how to do it...

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Gift sets do not interest me unless there is some additional DVD content, as there was with the E.T. box set. At this point, I am not aware of any for Schindler's List. Perhaps I could have missed something though. Is there extra DVD content?

If not, the gift set can stay on the shelf as far as I am concerned.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Exactly. DVD content is the key. I haven't seen any of these gift sets that enticed me enough to buy. Standard edition for me.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
While I agree it looks nice, it isn't $53.00, MSRP difference, nicer.

Ultimately, you'll have to attach your own value to the packaging.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
yea.....the regular one for me. I bought the VHS Gift Set and it had more in it that made that set worth it to me than this DVD gift set does. Since I still have the VHS gift set......I am content with my lobby cards, gold CD and book.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Somehow I think the phrase "Just too sexy to pass up" comes off being rather tasteless when it's about anything having to do with the Holocaust, even if it's just DVD packaging for Schindler's List. Just a thought, guys, but let's try not to forget that 6 million Jews were murdered before this "sexy giftset" could be created.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Come on, Jonathan... that's beyond over-sensitive.

This is a DVD site. So, we are supposed to be completely concious with the subject matter of the films/shows on the DVDs and constantly careful when discussing the discs? That seems extreme to me. Sure, the Holocaust was a horrible evil the world will never live down. And this film does a splendid job of illustrating such. But I don't see why we have to be solemn when it comes to discussing this as a film... or as a DVD.

I find nothing wrong with Justin's comments. He was simply referring to the Gift Set DVD packaging and nothing else.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I was meaning nothing by it at all. I was just meaning that the set was to good for me to pass up. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments. I truly am. I am a huge history buff, so this DVD set means alot to me.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I'm sticking with the basic WS edition. I still have my limited edition LD box set (No. 000088, with the novel and CD) and tend to keep them. They're a better 'trophy' to visitors than a DVD special edition (a term thrown around so easily these days)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
There was nothing wrong with Justin's comment... I understood what he meant... He wasn't talking film subject matter, he was talking about the dvd content....

Relax Jonathan....

Justin,

You have no reason to apolgize.....

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
Normally I am a sucker for fancy packaging and gift sets, but usually when it comes down to it, I cannot justify the cost. Even for a movie that I absolutly love, like Lord of the Rings, paying 120% more for a set of bookends or a Gollum figurine was not sensible in my mind.

For a movie like Shindlers List, which I enjoyed, but do not love, and certainly could not watch over and over again, the gift set being offered is simnply overpriced.

I do wish I had those bookends though.

chris*b

Stunt Coordinator
Standard edition for me as well. Those gift sets don't fit on my shelf very well. It does look to be one of the nicer ones I have seen though.

m.cellophane

Agent
Real Name
James
I gotta go for the gift set or I'll kick myself later.

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Standard edition. I already, like others, own the soundtrack. Plus, there's no additional extras.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have only purchased one special gift set and that was the Scarface one. Only because it is one of my favorite movies of all time. But this is looks like another one I would like to own. It looks to have some very nice stuff with it. And the packaging looks great. I don't know though, it depends on what the price difference is going to be. If it is a $50 price difference then no way, standard version for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks