Shielding

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Williams, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I have a Klipsch KV-2 center channel that I just bought used. I love the speaker and it matches my Klipsch KG2 mains perfectly, but it is not shielded very well and I am getting distortion on my TV. Unfortunately I don't have any other placement options other than on top of the TV. Is there any way that I can shield this speaker so I don't have the distortion problem?

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Jim, If I rember right Parts Express sells bucking magnets that you simply glue to the back of your speakers. You might cheak out there web site.

3. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

I have a question concerning this subject. I have a 32" Sony which is sitting on the cabinet of an old 26" console tv. The console is empty and for awhile I had my center speaker in there but found it lowered the timbre so I put it back on top of the Sony. Now I was thinking of putting my PSB Subsonic 2 into the cabinet. I find that corner loading my sub makes it too boomy. there will be about 8"or 9" between the top of the sub and the TV. Which would put the magnet about 12" or 14" from the TV. Am I going to have shielding probs? [​IMG]

4. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Jim,

You might want to call the Klipsch tech line to see if they have specific bucking magnets for your CC and/or shielding cups. Also some TV's are more prone to distortion than other, like my RCA 36", so you may have to set the CC up off of the TV. I ended up building a cheap stand out of 2x2's to raise mine about 1' above the TV which cured the problem. Good luck...Mike