Shielding.. How good is it?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by AdamS, Aug 4, 2003.

1. AdamS

AdamS Extra

Question for you guys.. I am going to be putting a couple of bookshelf speakers somewhat close to my 19" sony monitor. (most likely paradigm titans).. How good is shielding? Is it 100% effective? because I dont want the speakers wearing down the side sof my monitor over time..

Thanks,
    Adam

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    No, it is not 100%, but you can get them pretty close without issue ~6" or so. Not to nit-pick, but this is WAY too close together to get decent sound out of them.

Where are you located? I have a pair of shielded v3s (shielded only come in black) for sale right now for $200.

3. AdamS

AdamS Extra

John - I'm located in northwest chicago suburbs... The reason they would be that close to the monitor is because the desk I have... Since I can't paste url's yet:

goto google search.. enter in:

OSI-10342

click on the first link, click on the picture of the desk for a bigger view.. My monitor sits on the center and is a 19" (compared to that 15" in the picture).. I would much like the speakers to sit on the two elevated areas to the left and right.. Am I being too optimistic?

Thanks,
    Adam