What's new

Shielding.. How good is it? (1 Viewer)

AdamS

Grip
Question for you guys.. I am going to be putting a couple of bookshelf speakers somewhat close to my 19" sony monitor. (most likely paradigm titans).. How good is shielding? Is it 100% effective? because I dont want the speakers wearing down the side sof my monitor over time..

Thanks,
Adam

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, it is not 100%, but you can get them pretty close without issue ~6" or so. Not to nit-pick, but this is WAY too close together to get decent sound out of them.

Where are you located? I have a pair of shielded v3s (shielded only come in black) for sale right now for $200.

AdamS

Grip
John - I'm located in northwest chicago suburbs... The reason they would be that close to the monitor is because the desk I have... Since I can't paste url's yet:

goto google search.. enter in:

OSI-10342

click on the first link, click on the picture of the desk for a bigger view.. My monitor sits on the center and is a 19" (compared to that 15" in the picture).. I would much like the speakers to sit on the two elevated areas to the left and right.. Am I being too optimistic?

Thanks,
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks