shielded Paradigm Monitor 7's questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel I, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Daniel I

Daniel I Stunt Coordinator

Should I go the extra mile for Shielded monitor 7's for HT use. Does shielding make a difference with Rear Projection Tv's. My current Direct TV is a Wega 24" and the monitors will be about 2 feet away. Is this enough distance for non-shielded speakers. I guess what I am asking is can I get away with non-shielded fronts?

Thanks for any advice on the subject.

Daniel

2. Thad_C

Thad_C Agent

I have one of my non-shielded Monitor 7's almost directly adjacent to my direct projection Sony TV, and there's no distortion. Can't speak to rear projection TV's tho.

3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have Monitor 7's and one of them is sitting about this distance from my TV and I have experienced no problems with them, unshielded. You should be OK.

Enjoy the 7's. I have had mine for over 3 years and really like the sound.

4. Andrew Signore

Andrew Signore Auditioning

I good rule of thumb I use for front speaker placement is the front speakers should be the same distance apart from eachother as the viewer is from the screen (within reason). This should give you plenty of room between your speakers and your TV. Be mindfull of discoloration in the corners of the screen - this is a good indication your speakers are too close. I have Paradigm Monitor 7's as fronts and a Sony KV32FS16 WEGA and I'm very happy - I'm sure you will be too. Unless you have serious space limitations, go with the unshielded 7's. Keep in mind, having fronts too close together could seriously impair the speaker's imaging too.