Sheryl Crow, Marvin Gaye & Vince Gill Coming to Super Audio

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lee Scoggins, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
  2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Nice to see these discs coming to Super Audio, but once again Universal is doing the double dip thing. These discs are already out on DVD-A. I would perfer new Hi-res titles, but if one only has a SACD player....

Sony still puts out SACDs? [​IMG]

j

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Wow, they're really milking the Globe Sessions.

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I agree and would prefer new titles. I already bought the Marvin Gaye DVD-A so it is not something I need again. Same holds true for stuff I have on SACD. All it makes one do is think about holding off and see what gets released several months down the road. If one has a better player for one format and prefers the lack of on-screen interface as I do, it just results in seeing less hi-rez sales. With few exceptions, I certainly won't run out and buy something that comes out on DVD-A again. If classical and jazz tend to sell more to SACD fans and pop and rock to DVD-A fans then they just should concentrate and getting software out there vs. duplicating. Has to be taking effort that could get more available titles.

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I might get the Marvin Gaye? I might not? I didn't buy the DVD-A partly because, as Phil suggests, I was suspecting an SA-CD and my Sack-Dee spinner is the best I's got's. However, what I really want and automatically would buy is WHAT'S GOING ON. It's so short, it sure would be nice to have it served up with LET'S GET IT ON or one of his other fine recordings or bonus cuts, maybe?

The Oscar Peterson's are quite nice. I have the lot already. I got mine from Gaul and they're in digipacks. Somehow I doubt they'll be in digipacks here. It doesn't seem like Universal's U.S. style, but they tried about everything else at one time or another. Doubtful, but could happen, I suppose...

6. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I think the Steely Dan and Sting are really what I am waiting on to be honest. If Gaucho was any indication, July is going to be fun.

7. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    ...and you actually believe their release schedule, right Lee?[​IMG]

What's that song, "...see you in september..." let's hope they's don't turn into Kris-mass items!

8. Ken Groulx

Ken Groulx Stunt Coordinator

I agree with you Rachel B, I would love to have seen a Deluxe Edition of What's Going On in SACD; that is a soul classic sister. I was kinda hopin' for that one after Let's Get It On came out...but Universal is still doing a nice job of getting mainstream titles out there. (I'm looking forward to 'Layla' and 'Slowhand'). But still, given the number of times The Globe Sessions has been released, can we expect it on 8-track soon too?[​IMG]

9. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

What's Going On would be nice indeed.

Speaking of SACD Soul (of which there isn't much), how's the Isley Bros. 3+3? I've been thinking of picking this up.

10. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

The Marvin Gaye Collection I presume is some hits collection? I'll probably get it because I don't have the DVD-A or even the redbook.

The Oscar Peterson titles have been pushed back a week, the Allmans still aren't scheduled, and the Joe Henderson title has now been taken off the schedule. On the plus side, the Clapton discs are back on.