What's new

Sheryl Crow: C'Mon America -- Anyone else have problems? (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'm having problems with this dvd on three different players. At the start of chapter 17, the program freezes. I can skip back or forward, but it will not play through this point. On two other players, the disc stops and I get a "check disc" error message. I suspected a defective layer-change, so I exchanged the disc for another copy. The new copy exhibits the exact same problem. Is there a known problem with this title?

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
It freezes for me as well at this point on my Hitachi 305U. It doesn't freeze on my Xbox though. It plays perfectly. I was going to exchange it, but maybe there is no point in doing so.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've got the same problem with the disc freezing. I've went through three copies so apparently the disc is bad for most getting it. I'm also having trouble with the audio being way too low. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be this low but it's without a doubt the worst sounding concert I've heard.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm glad I've held up on buying this one, at least for now...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Someone needs to write to the CD/DVD Watchdog at the music publication ICE (Link Removed). They'll get to the bottom of this. Maybe MusicTap over at thefigitaldits um digitalbits.com

MattHR

Screenwriter

This was another problem I noticed. Both audio tracks are encoded at very low volume levels. I've never noticed any other dvds with the volume level encoded that low. I had to max-out the volume on my Lexicon to get decent sound, and even then it wasn't that decent.

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
I had problems too. Also is it just me or is this one of the most uninspired performances you have ever seen?

This and Blues Traveler have dampered my enthusiasm for concert DVD's.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That'd be a shame, if it is uninspired, considering they could have released the pro-shot Live at Buddokan concert that aired on Japanese tv, and became a live album (released in Japan only).

Kelvin Laffoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelvin
I've had problems with this one, too. It freezes for about five seconds at the layer change (chapter 17) on my Toshiba. After that the rest of the show plays fine. However, at the end of the credits it skips back to chapter 17 instead of the menu. I also agree that the audio is way low.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember any problems on my Toshiba 3709. If we a re talking about a bad layer change though I wasn't paying that close attention.

It seems to me that due to slight disc defects, one is better off having two DVD players. Things that choke my Toshiba will work on the Malata and vice versa. I used to think that when I got the "perfect" DVD player, it would be my only one, but now I definitely intend to keep at least two, no matter how "perfect" a player I find in the future.

Ted

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I didn't have any problems with it on my Sony 700 DVD player. It never locked up or anything, and the audio tracks were EXTREMELY loud. Much louder than most DVDs out there. Usually I listen to my movies at volume 25 which is -10dB but this DVD was too loud to listen too at even volume 15!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks