Sherwood receiver shutting itself off...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by matt bee, Dec 8, 2003.

1. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

May 8, 2002
    My parents recently bought themselves a Sherwood RD-6108 reciever along with some KLH HTA 4100 5.1 speakers to spruce up their television watching experience.

Over the thanksgiving holiday I helped them set things up, and for such a budget system, it's not too bad. Certainly better than the television speakers they are used to.

We watched a DVD one night and right in the middle of the movie, the receiver just shut itself off. My dad mentioned that it's been happening now and then since we set it up. He says it's happened mostly when watching a movie, but sometimes when just watching television as well. When it shut off, I went and turned it back on and it was fine through the rest of the movie.

I don't really know much about how to diagnose these sorts of things so I'm looking to you folks for some help. My first thought was that maybe it's overheating or something, but the reciever is in a cabinet by itself with a couple feet of airspace. It doesn't feel like it is getting very hot to the touch. I really don't know what to look for here.

Any thoughts?
  2. Jeff Hipps

Jeff Hipps Stunt Coordinator

Feb 2, 1999
    Please call Eugene Chavez at Sherwood technical services for help with this problem. Gene can be reached at: 800 962-3203 ext. 115.