What's new

Sherwood RD-7106 A/V Receiver (1 Viewer)

kevin tate

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 5.1 Sherwood RD7106 A/V receiver that I purchased at the end of 2001. It has about 150 hrs of usage, and I am the original owner. I have been using this received as pre-pro and to drive the two rear speakers. I recently purchased the H/K 525 because I needed the extra a/v input. The 7106 is a very good budget receiver with the features of more expensive receivers. The 7106 was reviewed by Sound & Visions and HT Mag and received very favorable reviews. The 7106 has 100 watts x 5 and pre-outs for all channels to connect external amplifiers, and it weighs over 28 lbs. This receiver has Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Prologic, Circle Surround (similar to Dolby Prologic 2), on-screen display. The 7106 has 4 digital inputs (2 opticals & 2 coaxial), 4 A/V inputs, 4 S-video inputs, banana plugs speaker binding posts (not the cheapie spring clip connectors). The 7106 is also has total discrete amplifiers, which make the receiver sound warm and smooth, as compared to most of the budget receivers - which are usually very bright.

The RD7106 is better built then the current Sherwood RD7108 model. The current RD7108 model does not have on-screen programing, only 3 a/v inputs & 3 digital inputs, no S-video inputs, spring clips speaker connections. The RD7106 is almost the same as the higher-end Sherwood R756, but the 7106 does not have component inputs. Here's the link to the R756: http://www.sherwoodusa.com/prod_r756.html

The RD7106 was originally priced at $400. I'm looking for $115(OBO)+ shipping. The 7106 has some minor scratches on top of the receiver, but these scratches do not affect the sound. The receiver works flawlessly, and the sound is very smooth and warm. The receiver works flawlessly, and the sound is very smooth and warm, great for a budget system or a bedroom system.

If you are interested, please send me a pm for pictures?

Thanks for looking.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Kevin,
I replied to your PM. I'll take it if it is still available at your terms.:emoji_thumbsup:

Please PM me back ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks