What's new

Sherwood R-963 and R-863 Bug (1 Viewer)

Sven_DP

Agent
Has anyone heard or experienced the following bug which apparently is posted on a bunch of european (french) HT forums? For those who understand French here is a link to one of the descriptions Link Removed
I haven't verified this as I don't own one of these receivers. (I'm waiting for the new pre/pro to come out in october). In short the problem occurs when :
1. In digital mode, Digital/PCM ou Digital/Auto/PCM.
2. Using coax or optical connection.
3. Listening to CD Audio in DVD player (some also had it with dedicated CD player)
4. Choose : Movie, Hall2, Club2, Arena2 or Game.
These 5 DSP modes 'crash' the receiver, i.e. a lot of pink noise making it virtually impossible to continue listening.
Users report three different 'noises' as they call them "Bug Mega Tempete", "Bug Tempete" and "Bug Souffle".
I am especially interested if this bug will be resolved by the arrival of the pre/pro. I read somewhere on this forum that the 'unique' bass management implementation would be resolved.
In one of the french forums it was mentioned that Sherwood (Europe?) has answered that this bug can't be resolved for existing customers and won't be for future buyers!

granite_g

Agent
Sven_dp
I' sorry too hear that you are having this problem. I currently own the 963 and as i write this i'm listening to a cd through a opitical connection in club2 on my dvd player. It sounds awsome... No crashing... No pink noise?
You probably recieved a defective unit.(bad luck..)
:angry: I have owned this unit for about 2 months and can't say enough great things about it...:D You should maybe e-mail jeff from sherwood and inform about yor situation, I'm sure he can help you... Good luck

Sven_DP

Agent
Granite
No, I didn't buy the unit because I wanted to wait for the pre/pro and because of other 'priorities' :D
They are just making a lot of fuss about it on the French and Swiss forums. Anyway it's a bug confirmed by several owners, but maybe there are differences between the US and European versions. It's strange that on the British and German forums I can't find any mentioning of the problem.
Something else, did you hear any confirmation of the bass management implementation that would be altered in the pre/pro version of the 963 because of the 'Secrets' review?
I really would like to ask Jeff, do you happen to have an email address?
Thx anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks