Sherwood am9080 monster 5 channel amp..mint

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Tompkins, Jan 30, 2003.

1. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

It is in excellant condition with box, manual and shipping is from 20151 Va...price is 400.00 firm and actual shipping. I will take paypal with no charges to buyer. Please email [email protected] I have 85 positives and no negatives on ebay and have sold many items here on htf. Heres the info:
    The AM-9080 is a 5-channel, 70-pound, independent main amp that contains three power transformers and the capability to unleash a kilowatt of output power, enough to push the sound envelope on any system's performance level. Each channel, from gold-plated input to heavy duty output, is built on a separate circuit-board as an independent mono block, a design which minimizes cross-talk (and facilitates repair in the unlikely event that should become necessary). The discrete circuitry utilizes PNP differential input, Darlington current driver and parallel, pure-complementary, push-pull output

One last thing...This amp will surprise you with its smoothness and ability to do music as well as HT, its the best deal on the market for anywhere near its price imo and Ive had MANY amps to compare,...thanks
    CHANGED MY MIND, IM KEEPING THIS UNIT, NOT FOR SALE, SORRY

2. John Tompkins

Local pickup is ok too..

3. John Tompkins

OK, how about 400.00 plus shipping anywhere in the continental US....

4. John Tompkins

Sale fell through, PRICE DROP TO 400.00 PLUS SHIPPING

5. Joel_Ackerson

Joel_Ackerson Stunt Coordinator

John,

Can you email me current picture's of this amplifier? What speaker's did you use with the Sherwood?

Joel

6. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Guys, it's an awesome amp...jump on this.

BTW, I didn't see it in John's initial post but it's rated @ 120w x 5.

7. John Tompkins

Joel, I use very inefficient NHT 2.9 towers rated at 86 db. I dont have a digital camera but you can do a search and find pictures easily. Itsa a beautifull piece, brushed silver finish, great build, 70 lbs! 3 transformers, great binding post. I have had about 20 amps (go back and do a search for my posts, this amp has beat every comparible amp Ive had in my system (rotel 985, rotel 993, carver 806, H/K pa5800, H/K 2.1, carver 4.0t,parasound 855 and a few others..this amp beat them all and drives inefficient speakers with no problem, nice sweet sounding amp that is just as musical as dynamic...I finally did beat it but I bought Bryson 3bst and 3 channel version to do it..Im not kidding this amp is for real

It will go on ebay soon and sell quickly at this price, Just wanted to give HTF member a shot, I gurantee you will not be dissapointed

CHANGED MIND, NOT SELLING, SORRY

8. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Does this amp have a 12v trigger?

9. John-Tompkins

John-Tompkins Second Unit

It has what they call a digi-link, looks like small type phono jack input that is a trigger, but I havent used it and am not sure if its 12 volts or not