What's new

Sherwood AM-9080 (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
That's a bummer. Does it use any power if I leave it on all the time? I'd hate to manually turn it on every time I power up my system.

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Camp:

A popular recent solution is a $20 Sears item that acts as a trigger. It has 3 electrical outlets. Top one acts as trigger, bottom two are switched outlets. Maybe someone can post a link?

Rich B.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Well looks like Sound City is sold out now. No longer listed. :frowning:

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I havent figured out how this is going to help me.. I can plug the amp itself into an unswitched outlet (which it is) but cant trigger it out of standby with the item you show...I have to leave the amp on and not in standby all the time

J

John Morris

I havent figured out how this is going to help me.. I can plug the amp itself into an unswitched outlet (which it is) but cant trigger it out of standby with the item you show...I have to leave the amp on and not in standby all the time
Holy Cow! Did what happened to this thread suprise you? Many folks posted many posts which have been hijacked and led off to another idea or answer.

In fact... what was your question again?

Sorry, but it may be best to restate and re-issue your original question.

Good Luck!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I don't follow either. The topic is still the AM9080. We just shifted to remote on.

BTW, I think my Monster Power 2500 has a remote on outlet. I'm not sure how it works but it might facilitate my need for remote on of the AM9080. Think this will work?

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Theres nothing on the 2500 that will you with this. I have one as well. The only thing you can do is leave it on all the time as i do..

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Here's how the Sears thing works. Plug the amp into one of the bottom 2 switched outlets. Leave the amp in the power 'on' position. Plug another system device in the trigger (top) outlet, like your prepro. When you turn your prepro on,the amps outlet will then get power. You may need to experiment with the triggering device, my friends Lex MC1 wouldn't trigger the bottom two outlets, so he is currently using a lamp. Others on this board recommended this ite, so I'm sure we might hear more tips.

Rich B.

StevenK

Second Unit
The problem is once the 9080 powers up, it goes into standby mode. You then have to manually switch it off of standby, which defeats the purpose of having the trigger so you don't have to get up :frowning:

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Heres the prob...the amp has not only a power button but also a "standby" button. When you turn the amp on you must also hit this standby button for the unit to be functional. If the unit turns off for any reason then back on...the "standby" button will need to be pressed again. Its this "standby" button that is triggered via proprietary (sp) connections via other sherwood products (Digi Link III). That power module would not help this situation at all..

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Fair enough. Forget the Sears product. Others mentioned using one with their amps. Thought it might help, but it obviously won't. Sorry I mentioned it.

Rich B.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I wish I had known this before ordering! This is going to suck ass. Getting up to turn stuff on isn't cool at all.

Brian...it's OK just to leave it on all the time? Will I see a jump in my electricity bill...or does it not draw much power while not in use?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Is it really that tough to turn it on and off manually? I mean you have to walk into the room to use it anyay, right? So just walk by the components and turn it on. :confused:

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
Would there be any issue with just leaving the amp on all the time? If no signal is going to it it wouldn't be like you're "wearing it out" by leaving it on are you?

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Is it really that tough to turn it on and off manually?
Um...this is the HTF...the place where we're so lazy we turn our lights on/off from our remote. :)
My entire system turns on with the touch of a single button on my Pronto. I'm certainly not going to be happy if I have to perform an extra step.
I'm not concerned about "wearing it out" by leaving the amp on. I'm only concerned about electricity useage.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Well ive been leaving mine on all the time and havent really noticed much of anything add'l to my electric bill..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks