What's new

Sherlock Holmes Vault Collection – Blu-ray Box Set from Film Detective (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Sounds good, and I do appreciate the editions from Film Detective, my question is why no mention of the sources of the transfers to BLD/DVD? are these 2K or 4K tramsfers? are these taken from 35mm or 16mm or 8mm elements? For such a large "non Rathbone" SH box set, you'd think there would be more info? Asking for a friend...
sherlock-dvd

Attachments

• sherlock-box-blu-ray_3.jpg
    sherlock-box-blu-ray_3.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 89

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I would guess the source materials are a mix based on the PD status of these titles. STUDY IN SCARLET still looks dodgier than the rest, judging by the clips in the trailer:

$69.95 must be the retail price for the whole kit and kaboodle (on blu-ray) including (God help us):
  • 13-month Sherlockian calendar, featuring special anniversary dates and fun facts about the history of Sherlock Holmes
  • Collector’s edition Sherlock Holmes magnet
  • Sherlock Holmes notebook…perfect for jotting down clues!
  • 1-Year Subscription to The Film Detective app to stream more classic mysteries and thousands of classic films and television episodes
  • Sherlock Holmes Tote Bag to bring all of your gifts with you on your next case!

If you order from Film Detective directly, that's the price with all of the extraneous stuff which may, or may not be worth it to you (individual mileage and all that) but it LOOKS as though the blu-ray set by itself ($60 MSRP including poster reproductions) can be had on the TCM site for $37.95 (which is much more economical.) At least it looks to me like they aren't offering the extraneous stuff in that listing (and that's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO)

Amazon is currently listing the same set for $42.99

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Never mind now I see it has a December 21st release date

Review copies are out.

I watched "Fatal Hour" today - looked pretty terrible. Was it the best they could do with the source? I'll leave that to others to decide, but it's an ugly picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks