What's new

Sherbourn/Outlaw (1 Viewer)

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Yeah - they're both made by EastTech but I believe Sherbourn says that they incorporate higher quality components inside.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
What ernest said plus read this:

http://www.audioholics.com/productre...ne_prepros.php

Feedback from Sherbourn Technologies

Ron Fone, President and Founder of Sherbourn Technologies, Inc, has just phoned us with the following comments on this article:

Although the 'platform' of the PT-7000 is the same as Outlaw's Model 950, we
have made some significant changes to their product.

* We calibrate all of the boards.
* We use low leakage capacitors.
* We have improved the video bandwidth from 40 mHz to 55 MHz.
* We have radically changed the cosmetic...including a
much thicker front panel that perfectly matches all of our amplifiers.
* We have added the elegance of blue LEDs to cosmetically match our power amplifiers.
* We use a solid aluminum volume control knob.
* In addition, unlike Outlaw we include a set of basic cables.
* Plus of course the consumer gets the benefits of having a dealer's support and advice.

Though that last one can be a bunch of BS if that how your dealer is.......

I just saw the Outlaw 950 in person yesterday and it passes all my criteria as I was worried about the looks of it.....

Lets say the Sherbourn is almost double the price of the Outlaw.....Oh I think I would buy the 950/7100 combo vs just the Sherbourn and be very happy.....

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Let me chime in as a Sherbourn owner. I for one did not pay almost double for mine. I purchased my Sherbourn combo, brand new, from an authorized dealer within a few hundred dollars of the Outlaw (neighborhood of $350-$500). The PT-7000, although built on the same board, has, as it has been shown, been built a little beefier than the Outlaw. The Sherbourn amp, on the other hand IMHO surpasses the Outlaw easily.

On the hand of customer support. When I first set up my system I phoned Sherbourn for support. Who answered the phone? Ron Fone himself. He gives you his time, his advice (which surpasses any advice you'll get from a salesman), this to me was invaluable.

Plus the cosmetic looks really came out in the Sherbourn. I too, looked hard and heavy at the Outlaw but when I weighed the fact of upgrading in the future, I thought the Sherbourn amp would complement other pre/pros better when I did get the itch.

Tom McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Thanks guy's for the info, I'm pretty sure because of the budget I have I will end up with one of the Outlaw Combo's and I wanted to make sure that the other's were not a hugh improvement.

Dan Sloane

Grip
HI, just joined this thread. What if I buy a Sherbourn used, with or without warranty left? I understand Sherbourn only backs authorized dealer sales?

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
If that Sherbourn was purchased from an authorized dealer, yes, they will back the warranty. If you happen to find one for sale just request the serial number, phone Sherbourn and they can confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks