What's new

sherbourn Amps (1 Viewer)

Keiwana

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone used Sherbourn amps or products? How do they compare with brands like parasound, rotel, bryston, krell, adcom, anthem, and sunfire?

I am considering adding an amp to my current set-up.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I demo'd a Sherbourn 5/1500A in my system against amps from Rotel and Parasound (classic line), then bought the Sherbourn. All 3 were very good, I simply preferred sound and design of the Sherbourn.

I think most people would consider Sherbourn, Rotel, Parasound, Adcom, Sunfire and Anthem to be in the same category. Bryston and Krell would be a step or 2 up.

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
I uesd to have a 7/2100 sherbourn. Loved it. David Bott, moderator at AVS has 2 5/1500 amps for sale. Check over at the AVS forum under the amps section. I don't know him so I am not representing in any way. I just noticed and I love to reccomend small companies when I get a chance. Sherbourn is great.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I have the Sherbourn 5/1500 and have been very happy with it. The only issue i had was when i first puchased the 5/1500 it had a defective signal sensor which left the unit powered on for extanded periods of time. I shipped the unit back and it wa replace with a new one. Since then no problems.

Classly looks and a fantastic price IMO.

well recomended

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I have a Sherbourn 5/1500A in my system now and have also used amps by Rotel, Anthem and Odyssey at one time as well. The Sherbourn stacks up very well with every amp but the Odyssey (which was only very slighly better and more refined)and which was twice the price for only two channels vs. the 5 of the Sherbourn.

I much prefer Sherbourn amps to those of Rotel. Anthem also makes a very good amp as well for the $$$$.

Minesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 7/2100 and love it. Super powerful, never seems to run out of steam, nor does it run more than warm. I've got a large room (14x23x9) and open to the whole house, but have no problem playing as loud as I can stand.

Even at low volume, the detail and soundstage is clear and distinct.

FWIW, I'm running it with an Anthem AVM 20 and Axiom Speakers.

Keiwana

Stunt Coordinator
Minesh,

How did you solve the issue of having two power cords coming from the unit?

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
If you are running all 7 channels you need to plug each cord into an outlet that is on a seperate breaker. If you are only running 5 channels (as some do) you can plug both cords into an outlet that is on the same breaker. If you are running all 7 channels and you have 4 ohm speakers, you really should look at putting in a dedicated circuit with at least a 20 amp breaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks