1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sherbourn Amp info

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew JC, May 7, 2002.

1. Andrew JC

Andrew JC Stunt Coordinator

I'm trying to find out some info on the Sherbourn 1/300 Monoblock amp. Does anyone know how they sound? Also there was a review in the Stereophile Guide to HomeTheater several months ago does anyone have a copy of it? Thanks..andy

2. Al Diamond

Al Diamond Auditioning

I think they have info on their web site www.sherbourn.com and they also post reviews they get.

3. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

I don't have a copy of that, but I did read the review...and it was reviewed to be quite a capable amp(but then again, almost all magazine reviews I read are positive), representing good value.

4. Andrew JC

Andrew JC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies I was trying to decide on bidding on a pair on Ebay. They sold for $350. Looks like I'll be going for a pair of LeAmps/IRD MB-100 instead.

5. stephen_z

stephen_z Stunt Coordinator

Andrew,

I was looking at the same auction... thought you might end up with them (why bid them up if a co-HTF member could get them at a great price). Surprised me when they went so low (met reserve at $350?)... I e-mailed a question to the seller with no response...hmmmm. I would have expected them to be pretty similar to the 5/1500A performance/sound due to the carryover of Sherbourn's monoblock design.