Sherbourn Amp info

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew JC, May 7, 2002.

1. Andrew JC

Andrew JC Stunt Coordinator

I'm trying to find out some info on the Sherbourn 1/300 Monoblock amp. Does anyone know how they sound? Also there was a review in the Stereophile Guide to HomeTheater several months ago does anyone have a copy of it? Thanks..andy

2. Al Diamond

Al Diamond Auditioning

I think they have info on their web site www.sherbourn.com and they also post reviews they get.

3. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

I don't have a copy of that, but I did read the review...and it was reviewed to be quite a capable amp(but then again, almost all magazine reviews I read are positive), representing good value.

4. Andrew JC

Andrew JC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies I was trying to decide on bidding on a pair on Ebay. They sold for $350. Looks like I'll be going for a pair of LeAmps/IRD MB-100 instead.

5. stephen_z

stephen_z Stunt Coordinator

Andrew,

I was looking at the same auction... thought you might end up with them (why bid them up if a co-HTF member could get them at a great price). Surprised me when they went so low (met reserve at $350?)... I e-mailed a question to the seller with no response...hmmmm. I would have expected them to be pretty similar to the 5/1500A performance/sound due to the carryover of Sherbourn's monoblock design.