What's new

Sherbourn 7/2100 or b&k200.7? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I would think the b&k would be a better amp because it has a better class rating? What are some thoughts between these two? There seems to be some question as to the Sherbourn's performance with multichannel audio because of its class g rating? Help me out. Would one be prefered over the other at high volume levels for long periods of time?

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,..
You hit on something that is suppose to be why Sherbourn built the amp that way. I'm not an expert, but have read,..I repeat, read, that the curcuitry in the amp changes at some point during higher output, which in turn allows the amp to run cooler.
The guys that are the top dogs at Sherbourn have a long well respected history in the audio industry. I have talked to quite a few folks that have been very happy with Sherbourn products. I'm sure they are out there, but I have not,...come across one, person yet that has had anything bad to say, or had a bad experience with Sherbourn.
As for the B&K, it's suppose to be a killer too. Solid performer, and kind to high efficiency speakers. Very warm sounding.
.2 Kevin,...>>>--->

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I have done a lot of research as well and people seem to love Sherbourn. I am leaning toward this amp over the b&k right now.

Yogi

Screenwriter
B&K is a warm sounding receiver compared to Sherbourn which is more on the neutral side. B&K sounds remarkably close to a tube amp. I have done side by side comps with my CJ MV55 amp and the B&K amp and they are very close in sound with a slight edge going to the CJ midrange and the B&K's bottom end. The top end of both amps is detailed, airy and very smooth. So if you are in the market for a musical warm sound B&K is your ticket, IMHO. Although I am sure you would be very happy with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks