What's new

Sherborun with 100's....wow! (1 Viewer)

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I finally decided to pull the trigger and get an amp. I went with the Sherbourn 5/1500a 200w beast! After I got it all hooked up I sat down to listen and it sure didn't sound very deep in the bass department. I then set my speakers to large (i'm running a Yammy Rxv795) and WOW! I can't believe the Studio 100's can take what I was giving them. They truly are great speakers when you give them power. The bass was astonishing, smooth and tight! The amp is utterly silent when running, and after hours of listening it was barely even warm, with no fan running.

Movies were unreal. I figured this amp would make the largest difference in music, but my home theater has come alive now.

I know there are tons of great amps out there, and this one can be improved on, but I'm assuming you'd have to spend at least $1000 more for me to feel it's worth it. This is most likely THE best VALUE for an amp out there.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I grabbed a deal on a used 5/1500 a few weeks ago and totally agree. This amplifier is a steal at the prices it's going for and kicks some major butt, both in 2 channel music reproduction and DD/DTS 5.1 home theater. I couldn't be happier. Well, some new speakers might put a smile on my face...

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Congrats on your combo! I have the 100s paired with the parasound 2205 which I love I think there is very slight differences in the amps on this level so you really cant go wrong with any of them;) the 100s are truly amazing arent they:D enjoy your new system
Bob

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah those 100's should NOT be judged until they're fed enough power. Anyone who looks at speakers these days has to be 110% aware of what is driving them first and foremost. The bass coming out of them is massive, and when I keep turning up the volume, it keeps it's smooth and tight sound withought getting boomy etc.

Yeah I sure wanted that Parasound, but at the end decided on the Sherbourn. Enjoy that Parasound, I'm sure it totally rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks